Twilight's Dream

...the manic musings of a fiber freak

Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Weight has been Lifted

on friday, i mailed out the silk skirt i knitted, that Annie Modesitt designed for her new book Romantic Hand Knits. I had so much fun knitting this skirt and giving feedback, but it feels so good to have it done and to finally get to work on all the crazy projects that have been bouncing through my head as i've been knitting the skirt. Here are the pics of me wearing it as a dress before it was blocked...It was knitted with Passion by Yarn Source, in the color, Cornsilk...Annie is going to do a crocheted embroidery on it for the book


My first project that i'm undertaking is trying to get familiar with card weaving again...i hadn't done it in like ten years...here is my first experiment where i've used different techniques and ways of threading the cards...


I used a rough spun silk singles yarn in red and purple by Himalaya Yarn Co., so the uneven nature of the yarn makes for a very rough looking weaving...all in all, i have decided that i like the look of the double weave (top row) the best for doing a two color image...i think it looks nice and clean and it makes a sturdier fabric because of the double weft.

Timmy and I are going to Pennsic in august, a big two-week SCA event in Pennsylvania. I'm only going for one week, but that's still alot of garb i've got to come up with quickly...my first plan is a belt for Timmy that is black with a red crow with wings outstretched...the group that Timmy has been doing Celtic re-enactment with for many years is a group out of Virginia called Clanne Preachain, the clan of the crow. I hope to start his belt tonight, now that i've determined that double weave is what i want to work with.
I'll post pics of that as it comes along...

1 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger Lanea said...

Hiya--just found you. I hope you had a good time at Pennsic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home